Providing individual, couples, family and group counseling.
I work with a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues providing services that span from therapy for depression, anxiety and grief counseling to parenting support, couples counseling, executive and work related support and beyond. In a comfortable and supportive atmosphere, I offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each of my client's individual needs to help them attain the personal growth they are striving for.
- Feeling depressed or overly anxious
- Problems within the family unit
- Difficulty with interpersonal relationships
- Marriage help for infidelity, poor communication, sexual and intimacy struggles
- Dating Coaching and pre-marital counseling
- Trauma Recovery (Sexual, Childhood, Violence)
- Personal Growth and Life Purpose Exploration
- Identity related Issues (Race, Sexuality, Spirituality)
- Parenting Support
- Couples dealing with infertility
- Grief and Loss
- Post abortion grief and loss
- Work, Career and Executive Counseling
- Stress and Anger Management
- Stress related decision making
- Addiction & Recovery
- Conflict Resolution
In addition to the use of traditional psychotherapy techniques, case conceptualization, and understanding of psychopathology, Dr. Lyons also integrates the authority of the Bible and a Christian Worldview in the counseling process. Similar features of traditional psychotherapy like homework, psychoeducation, cognitive, behavioral, and mindfulness interventions are used in conjunction with Biblical principles when addressing standards for living, personal growth, and change.
Group Therapy: "Growth Groups"
In my practice I frequently conduct 6-8 week groups entitled "Personal Growth Groups" for women, men, and co-gendered groups. Grow Groups are designed to provide individuals with a supportive atmosphere where the power of the group process is harnessed and appropriated for helping and healing for various life issues. Additionally, the personal development groups are geared to enhancing one's life and helping people reach higher levels of motivation, productivity, decision-making and problem solving with the support of peers and specialized counseling and coaching.Some of our group topics include: trauma, relationship and dating skills, marriage, communications, self-esteem, public speaking and presentation skills, body image, defining life purpose, healthy confrontation, how to grow and change, grief and loss, parenting, sexuality and sex addiction, how to have influence and get along, women's support, race and identity and anger management to name a few.
See the "Growth Groups" Tab for the schedule of our upcoming series.